Handmade Photo Props, Hats & More

Saturday, July 30, 2011

August Photographer of the Month

Alright everyone...I am so excited to introduce to you our 1st Photographer of the Month....
*TRACI RYANT*

I have had the EXTREME pleasure of working with Traci on a lot of my products and she never fails to give me the most incredible pictures. She is absolutely amazing to work with, and on top of her obvious skill as a photographer she has the same great personality to match it. Here is my interview with Traci...

1. When did you become interested in photography and what got you started? Photography has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember! When I was little if you asked me what I wanted to be, I would say a photographer for National Geographic, hehe. I saved allowance and babysitting money just to buy disposable cameras all the time so that I could "practice" at my local park. As an adult, though I still love to take photos, I had long given up on the thought that I could make a career out of this childhood passion of mine. After welcoming my 2nd baby boy into the world, and going into my 2nd year of being a SAHM, I decided I had waited long enough. I love being "Mommy" more than anything in the world, but I felt as though I needed something to be passionate about outside of my family life. I wanted to be really good at something other than one-handed diaper changes and grocery shopping when you have 2 kids in the cart! And so it began... saving every penny to buy that DSLR and get started!
2. What is your favorite thing to photograph? 
If I could only concentrate on one age to photograph for the rest of my career, it would be newborns... Swoon. I love to work with kids of all ages, but lets face it, as soon as they start walking and talking they want nothing to do with that strange lady with the big camera that keeps telling them to smile! There is nothing better than a brand new squishy, sleepy baby that lets me mold them into the cutest most cuddly poses, and even better is the genuine and endless gratitude from the parents for capturing those oh-so-special first portraits of their little ones.
3. How long have you been photographing?
I have been a photographer at heart since childhood... though I started my professional photography journey in April of this year, 2011. I am still a newbie with lots to learn and so much love for every opportunity I get to do so. (Can I please just add that for a newbie, she takes some of the most incredible photo's I have ever received from a photographer)
4. Three fun facts about yourself....
I am a mother to 2 boys AJ-3.5, and Brody-9 months, and they, along with my fabulous hubby are my entire world. I LOVE country music and often crank it up while in serious photo-editing mode! And Fall is my favorite season! The leaves, wearing hoodies, pumpkin spice ANYTHING, football, apple cider, Halloween.... Sigh... I just love Fall!


I cannot wait for more chances to work with Traci. If you are ever in the Cleveland, OH area please make sure to look her up. Her photo's and personality are a rare find!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...